Phylotastic comes from a long term community effort to make a convenient, computable, credible access to the "Tree of Life" comprising expert knowledge of phylogeny: the species tree you want, in ready-to-use form, when you want it. It developed from hackathons at NESCent and then an NSF-funded collaboration across U. Maryland, New Mexico State University, and U. of Tennesse, Knoxville.
Some of our products
- PhylotasticEd: Resources for teachers to help in teaching about the tree of life or using history
- History of Earth: Connecting species phylogeny, plate tectonics, and links to online resources for charismatic organisms across time
- Datelife: Reusable, citable chronograms
- Phylotastic R-universe: A repository of R packages for phylogenetics. Built on the rOpenSci R-universe system, this allows students and researchers to use cutting-edge, current, or even no longer supported software for using trees, enhancing reproducibility.
- About: History of the project
- Code: We write open source software. This has links to all the code.
- Wiki: Containing information from past hackathons
- Portal: Hosted at NMSU, a way to get trees for teaching and research in a visual manner (currently offline)
- Services: Description of the services provided by the portal's infrastructure (services currently offline)